KARI FINN float switch
The KARI float switch is designed for use as a control device for emptying and filling pumps with motor and magnetic valves, and also as an alarm device indicating a certain level of liquid surface.
Thanks to its large float the KARI switch has enhanced buoyancy, ensuring trouble-free operation even in difficult sewage conditions.
The Finnish state control center for electrical equipment approved the KARI float switch to be used in non-flammable liquids with voltages up to 250 V. The KARI float switches are certified (Lat. SSA). When used in explosive areas (wells, pumping stations), 24 V operating voltage is recommended to be used.
Types of warehousing product range
|Empty||1H||61||Upper limit signal or magnetic valve control|
|2Н||62||Controlling the emptying pump or preventing dry runs|
|ЗН||63||Drain pump control + upper limit alarm|
|3HE||73||Control of the emptying pump + isolated alarm loop of the upper limit|
|4H||64||Drain pump control + upper and lower limit alarm|
|Filled||1L||81||The lower limit alarm or the control of the solenoid valve|
|2L||82||Filling pump control|
|3L||83||Filling pump control + lower limit alarm|
|3LE||93||Filling pump control + Isolated low alarm loop|
|4L||84||Filling pump control + upper and lower limit alarm|
|1С||91||As an alarm switch device|
|2HL||72||As an alarm device for the expansion tank|
In case of short delivery time we produce Kari Finn float switches according to customer specs (special types).
When ordering, please specify:
- type or desired functions
- cable length, in case more than 5 m of cabling is needed
- difference in heights, if less than 250 mm or more than 1,200 mm height is required. (Minimum 50 mm, maximum 2,000 mm)
Schemes of KARI float switches operation
The KARI float switch is suspended on the connecting cable above the liquid level so that it lies on the surface of the liquid and follows its movements. Adjustment of difference in the pick-up level (differential) is effected by shifting the load on the cable. The minimum differential is reached when the load is next to the float. A complete installation scheme is supplied with each KARI float switch and can be ordered separately.
Attention! The installation site should be chosen in such a way that the float is not placed under or over any obstacle and would not be entangled, e.g. in the stairs.
Connection diagrams for KARI float switches
- Connection element: microswitch
- Voltage: 6-250 V PCV-, PUR- and rubber cables 6-25 V with cables Teflon
- Rated current: min. 100 mA, max. 6 A AC1 3A AC3 min. 1 mA, by special order
- Working medium pressure: 200 kPa (2kg/cm2)
- Temperature resistance: + 55°С
- Adjustable range for conventional types: (250 + 1,200) mm
- Length of cable types from stock range: 5 m
- Box material: polypropene
- Cable insulation: PVC, PUR, rubber (ATON) or Teflon
- Weight depending on type: 0.55-1.7 kg
- Lifting force in water: 6 N (600 g)
- Lifting force in water (type M): 1 N (100 g)
- Trigger level height: 50-2,000 mm, on request
Curve B shows the difference in the operating levels of the KARI float switch with respect to the distance between the load and the float. Curve C shows respective heights of the triggering and alarm levels. For example, if the load 3N is at a distance of 50 cm from the bottom of the float (value A), then the distance between the pick-up level and the alarm set-off is approximately 24 cm.
We also supply the following special types
|Empty||2Y||02-6||Controlling the emptying pump or preventing dry runs|
|3Y||03-4||Controlling the emptying pump, alarm at the upper limit|
|3YE||05-9||Control of the emptying pump, separate alarm at the lower limit|
|Filled||2А||12-5||Filling pump control, no alarm|
|3А||13-5||Filling pump control, alarm at the lower limit|
|3АЕ||15-8||Filling pump control, separate alarm at the lower limit|
Connection diagrams for KARI special switches
Special types connection diagrams